Look – I’m not this level of delivery-addicted yet, but I’m close. Take-out sustained me through a recent bout of depression that left me incapable of grocery shopping and meal prepping. But there’s only so much Jo Jo’s curry chicken* a girl can eat before she goes crazy, ok?
- Getting a latte from Green Light Kitchen delivered to work.
Even though it is Starbuck’s, there are many sleep-deprived mornings where I could use some delicious caffeine careflight-ed into my mouth. Well, delivered is close enough! Although, Rao’s, come on. Get on this! Green Light starts delivering as early as 7 a.m., so I might even be able to coordinate a delivery that arrives at work with me at 8 a.m.
- Enjoying delicious breakfast tacos (& migas!) from Carmela’s without ever leaving pjs.
Pretty much the only meal I can safely make is breakfast, but being able to do something and wanting to do something are two entirely different animals. The only downside is that Carmela’s is closed on Sundays, but their 7:30 a.m. start time more than makes up for it.
- Sunbathing at the pool with a side of fried okra from Vautrot’s.
Laying by the pool is the laziest form of summer exertion, but you still need to replenish all your electrolytes after a good sweat session. Plus okra is like, a vegetable, so it’s basically a deep-fried salad. Don’t judge me. Again, Vautrot’s isn’t open on Sunday, but they open at the prime pool hour of 11 a.m. and stay open until 9 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Having healthy cajun work lunches from iCreole.
Definitely make sure to tip extra because you are outsourcing that nasty drive on Washington Avenue. In case you haven’t been recently, it is torn up and my car is too old for that biz. Bonus points – they serve breakfast all day (chicken & waffles!) and are open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays.
- Stepping up the pizza delivery game with Crown Pizza.
Even though I could eat that cheeseburger pizza every day, they keep that place way too cold for my lizard blood. Plus they serve my love for arugala, so at least I can order a side of salad when ordering a dish that doubles as the offspring of life’s two most unhealthy foods: pizza and hamburgers. Open 11 a.m. to 8:45 pm, seven days a week (hooray! A place open on Sunday!)
Bonus List: Here’s all of the places on Waitr as of today that serve on Sundays**:
- iCreole, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mike & Terry Hamilton’s Catfish Kitchen, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Frankie’s Italian Grill, 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Daddio’s Burger, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Crown Pizza, 11 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- The West Bar & Grill, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Rotolo’s Pizzeria, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- CiCi’s Pizza, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
*Hi, um, have you not had Jo Jo’s yet? Because please, do so ASAP!
**Looks like this is Beaumont-only. Sorry guys!